\

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Natural Hair Sisters: Anniversary Meet-Up Party!

Hey guys, so I am thinking of doing a post on natural hair but before that, let me share a few pics I took during a natural hair meet up I attended the Saturday before last. So I cut my hair on the 1st of January 2013 and I cut it really SHORT. Truth be told, I really didn't have any plans for it other than wanting to grow my hair naturally. I had never struggled with maintaining my permed hair but I think I just wanted a change that was clearly long overdue.

So I was invited to join this group that is full of loving and encouraging women who give advise, share experiences, do product reviews etc. The group recently met to celebrate its one year anniversary in a retro 1960- themed party, which was an opportunity for natural hair product vendors to sell their wares and most importantly, for the women to meet and celebrate each others hair journey. Just a few pictures from the event....
 Marylene & friends
 Otenge were readily available with their fabulous African accessories
 The lovely ladies {Wachu, Josephine, Ess & Nyasuba} who started the group and made all this happen!
 Beautiful sisters: Sherry & Wanji

 Nepurko, Amina and I
 I definitely bought some AJANI Homemade products that I am absolutely in love with! 
 The lovely Kavinya. Look at those curls!!
 Natural hair products sold at the event by Ciku Beauty. Yes I buy ALL my US products from them at very good prices! 

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful array of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polka dots and a red lip is so pin up doll retro....very chic

    www.pisces22-gracealice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovered your blog via the feature on Business Daily and I must say that I love everything about your blog! KUDOS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOvely! Can you put details on the group? Karolle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karolle its a closed group but email me your details then I can ask the admins.. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. Hi Sienna! (lovely name btw) Just discovered you blog through Anita Mogere (from the KE group). Okay, I am excited because not only are we fashion bloggers but also natural heads! Sad I missed this event..I'm so looking forward to meeting other Kenyan naturals. Anyhow..lovely style and wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gabrielle! Thank you and was just over at your lovely blog too and drooling on your amazing shoes! Email me you FB name we continue this hair chat :-)

      Delete